вторник, 16 августа 2011 г.

Rice pudding with honey roasted apricots





Изображение 279
For a week I was haunted by memories: exactly one year ago at this very moment I returned from vacation. Contrary to expectations, I was not delighted with the constant unbearable heat, not great food at the hotel and just what I'm really homesick, did not allow to relax. Every other day we went to the local market, where to buy themselves dairy products, honey, fruits and vegetables, and other not wanted.
Fruits ... Perhaps, but the sea is what I remember with great affection: figs, melons, fresh peaches and apricots, huge bunches of grapes, it was paradise! I'm sure of two weeks, I gained a vitamin with an annual supply. And, going home, most of the luggage took a hefty package of fragrant fruit and a few jars of local honey.



Изображение 281
After arriving in his native city and breathing the cool morning air from St. Petersburg, I realized that there was nothing snacking on the road will not: and, going into the apartment and smiled a happy smile, I took off and things began to prepare myself the breakfast, which I dreamed.
For me, the perfect start to the day with deststva were toast, which my grandfather brought me to the bed, sumptuous pancakes or porridge-oats, millet, rice ... Probably, I'm ready to have their plates! So at that time, looking at the shelves and found some rice in an open pack, I made it his. She opened a jar of honey brought .... And then I thought it was the most delicious food in the world. Honest.
And today, in memories of those days, I wanted to unite all the flavors together: honey, ripe apricots and my favorite milk rice.

To 2 servings
For rice pudding:
1 / 2 cups Arborio rice
1 1 / 2 cup milk
1 / 2 cup cream
1 / 2 vanilla pod
1 / 4 cup sugar

For the apricots:
1 / 2 cup honey
1 / 2 tsp cinnamon
2 medium apricots

Preparation:
Cut the apricots in medium-sized slices. Put into the form. In a separate container mix honey and cinnamon. Pour this mixture apricots and place in preheated oven to 150 degrees for 20 minutes.
Rinse rice in cold water. In a medium saucepan with a thick bottom to mix the milk, cream and vanilla pod. Add rice. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a smaller and cook, stirring occasionally, 20 to 30 minutes. In the end, add the sugar. Divide in two bowls, top with apricots and ready to pour honey syrup. Serve.


Изображение 279

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий